Friday, July 1, 2011

Lost and Adrift....

Oy vey Pumpkins, it's been quite a trying week. I am stuck upstairs in my computer nook, while the kids and dog are probably chewing holes in my drywall somewhere. All this could have been avoided if my laptop hadn't died.

Grief is a thing with *stages* people. I'm in the blame stage. There is a blame stage, right? Whatever.

I've gotten a lot done around the house because I can barely even get ON the computer anymore. I am not excited about this. I don't WANT to get more done around here. I'm pretty much ANTI-housework, really.

I tried to ask The Man if I should purchase a laptop from eBay, or try that Pawn Shop down off Scary Ghetto Lane, but he was all "we have a lot of financial issues right now" - which basically translates to "hell no, the Bitchy German Luxury Car is in the shop again, and you can't live on Facebook while the children chew drywall." Thanks a lot, The Man.

I think I still have a good shot though, ever since we started watching Hard Core Pawn, we've wanted to try out the Pawn Shop next to the alleged "high-end" strip club and the sketchy auto dealer. Hey, they *always* have good laptops on Hard Core Pawn! But I'm not going to Detroit to get one.

I've also hit some sort of internal writing wall. And I'm all "tear down the wall!" and "if you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding" about it, but I still don't have a lot of creative brilliance happening these days. Maybe it's the lack of sleep or the fact that I have to walk an exuberant puppy-dog twice a day. Damn you, Cesar Millan, and your lessons about the power of the pack migration!

(*I* am the cat whisperer. Cats know that I'm one of THEM, Team Cat, and they respect that and they're all "heyyyyy, scratch mah neck, yo" and that's FINE and we're friends and there are no pack migrations involved.)

I guess if ever I had to miss my laptop, a time when I'm not able to write isn't such a bad time. But dammit, how am I supposed to look for crystal chandeliers and/or kitchen islands on Craigslist?!

Exactly. This problem must be rectified before my Word Art skills return.

Stay tuned....

Comments, questions, what do you do when your electronic friends die?

0 comments: