Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year's Eve!

And by happy, I basically mean I'm on my vicoprofin, so yeah. That pretty much says it all, right?

What better way to ring in the new year than by chilling on the couch in my red sweatpants and cursing at the sky? I know! And allegedly, you're not supposed to mix vicoprofin and alcohol, although frankly, I'm not sure that they mean it.

So on to something more exciting, like, say, the revamping of my blog, or Blog Re-Do of Aught 'eleventy-leven as I like to call it.

It's happening. Oh yes. It is.

My biff JM spent the other day doing all the layout and design work for the new blog, which is still the same fundamentally, because Your Favorite Writer is still at the helm. It should debut hopefully sooner rather than later, and as far as I'm concerned, and even though I'm biased because she was the one holding up my train while I puked during my wedding, it. is. AMAZING!

If you think it sucks, well, too bad for you.

I changed a lot of stuff, like pretty much the entire thing. Once the new blog is up and running, I'll do an entire post about the whats and the whys, but suffice it to say that it's all part of Sammo's Life Plan of Having Life Suck Less and staying true to my vision and all that jazz (complete with Jazz Hands!!! butofcourse.).

And now since it's New Year's Eve, I will tell you some of the things I liked best and least of the year we're saying sayonara to!

2010 Things Sam Liked Best:

* Disney Vacation - despite having my Period Baby during the trip, it was still one of the best trips of my life.

* Having The Man's bff The Brit come and stay with us. It was an experience that the kids (and The Brit) will never forget!

* Sticking with my workouts and seeing results for my trauma in the basement torture room.

* Choosing the best possible school for Princess and having her do so well there.

* Having a summer BBQ with so many of my good friends in one place at one time.

2010 Things Sam DISliked Most:

* The great ASS-ma flare up of April/May/June

* Learning what alopecia is and how it can devastate your child

* Yet another orthopedic surgery for The Man

(Do you sense a theme?)

* Car repairs. Enough said.

I'm sure there are more things I could think up for BOTH lists, but frankly, um, I'm distracted by the vicoprofin, my Period Baby (whom I'm naming Igor) AND Inside Edition. You know, the usual.

So I wish *ALL* you monkeys a very happy AND safe New Year and may 2011 be the year we all accomplish those resolutions!

Comments, questions, what did you like/dislike about 2010?

0 comments: