Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

You know how sometimes, no matter how long you watch Dr. Oz and do your recumbent bike cardio, and take your St. John's that you're just in a SHIT mood, and you can't see the forest for the trees, and then when you think THAT little phrase, you end up with a stupid ass Marilyn Manson lyric in your head??? Yes? Good. I'm glad we're all on the same page.

But, because I am a lucky *luck* girl, I have friends who are SO entirely bad ass that at a moment's notice I can call any one of them and become immediately uplifted. Or at least embroiled in important conversations. Here are some things I heard today:

"Your mom is a pirate"

"I don't care HOW thunderstruck the guy from AC/CD is, if he says that ONE MORE TIME...."

"You sound WAY too happy on your voicemail message, if you're missing my call. And I'm pissed about that."

And finally, because I was whining about being stuck indoors, and being some sort of geriatric shut-in, I heard this gem (quick: hide the children and lock up your whiskey) "That's because you're a hermit-ass-motherfucker...sheeeee-IT."

And then I laughed.

I laughed because my friends are all borderline insane, and sometimes we take trips there together and frolic amidst the daisies (or whatever grows in Crazy Town) and we make up band names and eat jell-o shots until someone calls us for dinner.

Thank you ALL, because really, even I (ESPECIALLY I) get tired of my morose ass self. I adore all of you. And you are ALL invited to carry on. Consider yourselves covered in rib-crushing hugs and being poured frothy mugs full of crushed ice and rum.

You are all the best. And I AM a hermit-ass-motherfucker. Sheeeeee-it. And *your* mom is a pirate.

Comments, questions, who brings you back from the edge?

1 comments:

Michael said...

Coke Zero makes me happy.