Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Paging Dr. Mom

I know I promised you all a two-parter, but I'm on a schedule here today. You'll just have to wait until I have time to (find) and scan the pictures of my Nissan that was destroyed at an intersection (and probably only added to the bubbling anxiety brew inside my head).

Today is Princess's kindergarten physical. She's been asking all week "do I have to get a shot?" Ahhhh, the *mandatory* question for every doctor visit. Usually the answer is no, but today, Monkeys, the answer is yes. So, I do what every responsible, caring mother does. I lie.

Look, I either lie, or we end up having a police stand off at the pediatrician's, once Princess takes the office staff hostage with a barbie-leg shank.

I've promised that *if* they tell her she needs a shot, she can pick any flavor of milkshake at McD's, AND a special surprise at the store. YOU may be above bribery, and for that I commend you, but here at Cassa de Sammo, the Matriarch practices parental bribery, extortion and racketeering.

So, I'm off to meditate get ready for our big appointment, and put on a happy face, mainly because children (like pit bulls) can sense your fear. God speed, my friends, God speed.

Comments, questions, do you always tell your kids the truth?

0 comments: