Monday, April 26, 2010

PVC Your Ride

I live out in the 'burbs of a bustling big-ish city, so I'm assuming that when you get right down to it, there's a LOT of crazy running around on our public roads. Everyone knows that Large Cities = Crazy People. I mean, really. It's a given.

Yesterday when I was driving home, I was stuck at at red light and watched a beat up Honda circa 1983 drive past. Picture it friends, rust and yellow, with rust clearly winning the battle for vehicle supremacy. And on the passenger side? Someone had mounted a twisted mass of PVC pipe. You know, like this:



Only whomever this urban inventor was, s/he had added some elbows so it curved a bit - to resemble some sort of mad scientist pvc cannon.

I wish I had been quick enough on the uptake to whip out ye olde cell phone camera and document this odd event; but by the time I was all "what the...???" the Yellow Honda had zipped on past and I couldn't see the mounted pvc hardware anymore. I mean, I could have followed the car, but that's something that Women Driving Alone don't really want to do a whole lot. (Ladies take some notes: I'm full of helpful info like this.)

So what WAS it??? A weapon of some kind? A potato gun? An extension of a very disturbing horn? Or did that driver just like to pretend (as I do friends) that s/he had a Death Ray mounted to the car? (Trust me, if I actually HAD a death ray, the roads in my city would be practically barren.)(Then I start feeling bad about fantasizing about an actual death ray and decide I'd be fine with a ray that relocates cars to the shoulder of the road.)(I'm a total humanitarian.)

Anyway. I have no flippin' idea what this crazy person had epoxied to the side of his/her Honda, but I'm ragingly curious, and mildly envious. Let me know if you have heard tell of such things.

Comments, questions, do you epoxy PVC to your ride?

2 comments:

alonewithcats said...

I'm a purist. I don't even put bumper stickers on my car. So I can only assume that PVC piping is not something that would appeal to me. I'm wondering if maybe the PVC is a way for the driver to compensate for something small in his life. I'm not sure what that teeny-tiny, microscopic thing could be. I will brainstorm and get back to you if I think of something a man would have that is embarrassingly miniscule that he might feel the need to compensate for. With phallic-shaped PVC pipes. I'm stumped. Truly.

Sammo said...

I don't know what it would be either. But it must be sad. And probably lonely. Unless it's a woman driver and then? Well then I AM confused.