Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's That Time Again....

Monster Truck Show time! I'll wait for you to stop blinking in confusion....

I know, it's very confusing to me too. When you see me:


You ALWAYS think, Monster Trucks. It's natural.


(See, I deliberately mislead you with a picture of me and my boyfriend. The MAN is my husband, my BOYFRIEND is the Honda CBRR-1000...)

Okay, OBVIOUSLY I'm not a "monster truck show chick". I know when I think "monster truck" - this is what comes to mind....


So why would I go to such an awesome display of redneck-edness? I have a son now. A son who L O V E S monster trucks with a crazed three-year-old passion. In fact, ANY truck we pass on the road with even slightly larger-than-regulation tires inspires frantic shouts of "LOOKMOMMYAMONSTERTRUCK!!!!" until I acknowledge said "monster truck" and appreciate it appropriately.

Princess, on the other hand, HATES loud noises. I thought I was safe because clearly I could bow out on the grounds of staying home with Princess and not wasting money so she and I could stand in the ladies room and avoid the noise. Oh no, life is not so simple. She overheard The Man and I talking about it and promptly declared her love for monster trucks, all the while insisting it wasn't too loud. Sigh. So I did indeed spend money when I will, in fact, end up hiding in the ladies room.

Then again, the ladies room might be better...


...Or not...

Wish me luck! I'm pretty sure I'll lose brain cells at the very least, and at the worst, offend some Femullet who really DOES love monster trucks.

This is how much I love my kiddo, I guess. Someday, he'll pay for this!

Comments, questions, know any redneck cammo so I can blend in?

0 comments: