Monday, November 16, 2009

Sudafed haze

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................ I am sitting at my desk (again) preparing to pay bills (again) when really I just want to crawl back under my humongous people-eating down comforter and sleep the sweet sleep of the Nyquil-ed.

I'm pretty sure its effects should have worn off, but I still feel like death - mildly warmed over, like say in a toaster oven set to the lightest setting. I am so tired I would be asleep almost instantly if given the slightest chance....

....But as any stay-at-home mom worth her weight in dark chocolate knows, the kids aren't going to give me a second's rest, let alone the full afternoon of napping I need. So, as much as I want to curl up with a book, a blanket, my half-shaved overweight cat AND a shot glass worth of Nyquil, THAT isn't going to be in my plans.

So far the kids have fought over breakfast, fought over the tv, fought over who gets to be in whose room, etc etc etc. The Destroyer is merrily carrying around support wood from his sister's toddler bed, recently dismantled. I can't wait until he decides to weaponize his new treasure. In fact, thinking about it has a spot in my head throbbing. I hope it's not an aneurysm. I'd better go and google that. I really don't have time for brain aneurysms.

While I search up various life-threatening pain, listen to my kids scream over who touched whose Barbies, cars, or breathed the other one's AIR, you enjoy your Monday and think of me. I am off to medicate myeslf into a Sudafed haze. The upside? LOTS of vacuuming....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I to occasion upon the "haze" however I almost think it is worth it when the VAcuum Actual does *some* VACUUMING!!!
Just kidding but fabulous post and keep up the cold medicine reality- You are not alone!! Like you for that if no other reson lol BW

Sammo said...

Thanks! Hey, as long as you're not using Sudfafed to make meth, you're ahead of the game.